About Permanent Teeth Replacement
Replace one tooth, replace several teeth or a full mouth dental implant treatment can be carried out if necessary. They are made from titanium and are surgically inserted into your jawbone. Over a period of months your jaw will heal around the implant creating a strong and sturdy artificial tooth root for the prosthetic tooth.
How Long Do Teeth Implants last
Your implant can and should last a lifetime when done correctly. They will look and feel just like your natural healthy teeth.
However, also like your natural teeth, there are always exceptions and in some unusual instances, an implant may need to repaired.
At Excellence in Dentistry stand behind every Brisbane dental implant we perform to ensure you can expect a long lasting, natural looking smile.
Who can have dental implants procedures?
The ideal candidate for tooth implants procedure is someone who is in good general and oral health. An ideal candidate is also someone who has adequate jawbone and gum tissue available to support the dental implant.
When you lose a tooth, you can suffer from bone loss that ‘holds’ the root in place slowly . Once it’s gone, it isn’t coming back. Bone grafting for dental implants may be an option, but it is better to get an implant treatment plan as soon as possible after you have lost a tooth.
It is also highly recommended that if you are a smoker you quit or cut back as smoking can adversely affect the time it takes for the dental implant to heal.
How Long Does It Take to Recover After Treatment
How long it takes your jaw bone to heal around the dental implant depends on:
- Where the implants are placed: if it’s in your upper jaw it will take longer than if it’s in your lower jaw
- Your overall health
- Your oral hygiene
- Your body’s natural ability to heal
Once your bone structure has healed around the dental implant, it is then a matter of attaching the prosthetic tooth (crown, bridge or dentures). You will then have restored form and function to your smile.
What are the benefits of titanium teeth replacement?
Some considerations that makes tooth implants one of the best treatment options to replace missing teeth or dentures include:
- Aesthetic advantages – We commonly use a Titanium post for your dental implants. Titanium which is biocompatible means that there is very little chance that your body will reject as a foreign object. They also look and feel just like your natural teeth.
- Functional advantages – Your implant restoration will act just like a real teeth. You will be able to eat and chew without the pain or irritation associated with a missing tooth or sometimes even dentures. Dental implants will also maintain your bone structure and support your facial tissues.
- Confidence – Replacing missing teeth will allow you to speak and eat with more confidence and comfort.
- Reliability – The success rate of implant dentistry is very high and they are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
- Enjoy Your Favourite Foods – Dental replacement will actually allow for the improved enjoyment of the textures and flavours of your favourite foods.
Excellence in Dentistry is Conveniently Located with Easy City Parking & Close to Central Station
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, we are happy to offer and you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner